Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I determine my balance owed?
2. Which forms of payment does American Marketing & Publishing accept?
3. Am I required to pay the entire balance at one time or can I pay the balance over a longer period of time?
4. When should I expect to be invoiced from American Marketing & Publishing?
5. In the event that I become past due, when does my account begin incurring late fees and finance charges? What are the applicable rates?
6. How will my payment be applied to my account if I have advertised in multiple publications?
7. What is your Federal ID number?
Customer Care FAQs
8. My sales representative was supposed to follow up with me, how do I contact him/her?
9. Is my advertisement auto-renewed each year?
10. I don’t remember signing a contract. What do I do now?
11. I have changed my mind. Why can’t I cancel?
12. When will the HomePages® directory be delivered?
13. When will I receive my advertisement proof, so that I can see what my advertisement will look like?
14. I have seen my ad proof, but I need to make changes. What is the best way to do that?
15. My ad proof says to make changes by a certain deadline and I missed that. Am I too late?
16. I made changes to my advertisement, but I have not gotten a revised version yet?
17. I am unhappy with my ad and want a complete redesign. What do I do?
CloseBy™ Text Marketing FAQs
18. Where do I see how many people I have on my list?
19. Can I see specific names or phone numbers of who’s on my list?
20. How do I reach my specialist?
21. How do I get more marketing materials?
22. How does someone opt-out of my list?
23. My customer can’t join my text program. What do I do?
24. I forgot my user name and/or password. What do I do?
25. Why do you have to reply “Y” to confirm?
26. Will my subscribers ever be charged to receive my messages?
27. Can we put links or pictures in text messages?
28. Can I upload a database of phone numbers?
Accounting/Billing FAQsQuestion 1: How do I determine my balance owed?
Answer: We offer several options to obtain your current balance owed, including:
- Contact our Customer Care Department and request updated balance information.
- View your monthly statement, which is mailed on or around the 1st of every month.
Question 2: Which forms of payment does American Marketing & Publishing accept?
Answer: For your convenience, we offer several payment method options, including:
- MAIL OPTIONS
- Mail a check to our secure lockbox: P.O. Box 6682, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6682.
- Mail a Money Order to our secure lockbox (see address above).
- Mail the Credit Card portion of the remittance stub at the bottom of your invoice and/or statement. We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express (see address above).
- TELEPHONE OPTIONS – 1-800-807-6870, Option 2
- ACH /debit of checking account/check over the phone.
- Credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- ONLINE OPTIONS
Question 3: Am I required to pay the entire balance at one time or can I pay the balance over a longer period of time?
Answer: We require payment in full upon receipt of the original invoice. However, if for some reason you are unable to make payment in full upon receipt of the original invoice, please contact our Billing Department to discuss payment plan options.
Question 4: When should I expect to be invoiced from American Marketing & Publishing?
- Directory Product Invoicing: All customers will receive an original invoice upon publication of each directory in which they advertised. Due to the timing of when the post office mails the publications, in some instances, invoices may be received prior to receipt of the publication, but generally within the same week. Statements are mailed on or around the 1st of every month to communicate balance updates for customers on payment plans and as a gentle reminder to those customers who have fallen past due.
- Digital Product Invoicing: Customers who purchase one of our digital products will be invoiced approximately 30 days from signing up for the program.
Question 5: In the event that I become past due, when does my account begin incurring late fees and finance charges? What are the applicable rates?
- An original invoice is determined to be past due if payment in full is not received prior to 30 days after the date on the original invoice.
- A contractual late fee of $15 is assessed on the 31st day after the date of the original invoice.
- Finance charges are 1.5% per month and also begin accruing on the 31st date after the date on the original invoice.
Question 6: How will my payment be applied to my account if I have advertised in multiple publications?
Answer: We apply payments received to the oldest invoiced outstanding principal balance first, then to any contractual late fees and finance charges. In the event that the customer has paid in full for previously published directories, any deposit received in advance of future directories is distributed evenly amongst all directories on the new contract.
Question 7: What is your Federal ID number?
Answer: Please contact Becky Petersen, Accounts Payable and Cash Management Specialist, at: email@example.com or 815-756-2840 x4112 for a copy of our W-9.
Customer Care FAQsQuestion 8: My sales representative was supposed to follow up with me, how do I contact him/her?
Answer: Customer Care is able to assist you with any questions or issues you may have post-sale, including: the contract, ad copy, ad proof, billing and payments, etc. Please contact us via phone at: 1-800-807-6870, Option 2 or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question 9: Is my advertisement auto-renewed each year?
Answer: We do not auto-renew print advertisements. You will need to complete a new contract each time you want to advertise in one of our print directories.
Question 10: I don’t remember signing a contract. What do I do now?
Answer: Please contact us at 1-800-807-6870, Option 2. We can assist you by providing you with a copy of your signed contract.
Question 11: I have changed my mind. Why can’t I cancel?
Answer: Our entire business relies on signed contracts. As soon as we receive your contract, we begin working for you! We have already incurred expense and we can’t allow you to cancel. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us and we can work through them! We are here to help you grow your business!
Question 12: When will the HomePages® directory be delivered?
Answer: Our publications are distributed year round. Please contact us to find out if the directory that you advertised in will be distributed in Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.
Question 13: When will I receive my advertisement proof, so that I can see what my advertisement will look like?
Answer: Once we have everything that we need to begin designing the ad, you should receive an ad proof within four to six weeks. In some cases this may be sooner if the book is publishing very soon. In some cases, it may be longer if we didn’t receive all of the information to build the ad at the same time that we received the contract. If you have not received your ad proof and would like to check on the status, please contact Customer Care via phone at: 1-800-807-6870, Option 2
Question 14: I have seen my ad proof, but I need to make changes. What is the best way to do that?
Answer: If you have received a faxed, e-mailed or mailed proof, our contact information is on the top right corner. Please feel free to use the most convenient method for you. You may call, fax or e-mail your changes.
- e-mail us at email@example.com
- call us at (800) 807-6870 and choose option #6
- send a fax to (815) 295-8025
Question 15: My ad proof says to make changes by a certain deadline and I missed that. Am I too late?
Answer: Not necessarily. We accommodate changes up until the last minute before the directory gets sent to the printer. We will always do our best to assist. Please contact our Ad Changes Team right away at (800) 807-6870 and choose option #6.
Question 16: I made changes to my advertisement, but I have not gotten a revised version yet?
Answer: We should have a revised ad proof to you within one business week. This timeline may vary as we work from book publishing deadlines. Please be assured, you will receive the new proof and have time to look at it before the book goes to print.
Question 17: I am unhappy with my ad and want a complete redesign. What do I do?
Answer: We have created the ad proof for you based on the ‘ad copy’ submitted by you or your sales representative. If this does not meet your expectations, Please contact our Ad Changes Team at (800) 807-6870 and choose option #6. We will be happy to work with you to create a new advertisement.
CloseBy™ Text Marketing FAQsQuestion 18: Where do I see how many people I have on my list?
Answer: Once you’ve logged in to your online system go to the “Subscriber Information” tab, Select “Active Subscribers” and click the “Filter” button, at the bottom of the page you will be able to see your active subscriber count.
Question 19: Can I see specific names or phone numbers of who’s on my list?
Answer: We’re not able to prompt your customers for their personal information, but you can see the number of subscribers to know how many people have joined.
Question 20: How do I reach my specialist?
Answer: The text marketing department is open Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm CST and can be reached at (800) 807-6870 option #5 or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question 21: How do I get more marketing materials?
Answer: You have access to order more through our professional printer through your online system, or your text marketing specialist can send you the electronic copies of your displays to print out.
Question 22: How does someone opt-out of my list?
Answer: All they have to do is reply back STOP, or you can always give your specialist their phone number and they can remove them from your list.
Question 23: My customer can’t join my text program. What do I do?
Answer: It could be for a few reasons, please call your text specialist to troubleshoot at (800) 807-6870 option 5.
Question 24: I forgot my user name and/or password. What do I do?
Answer: Your text marketing specialist can provide you with them or reset your password if need be. They can be reached Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm CST at (800) 807-6870 option 5.
Question 25: Why do you have to reply “Y” to confirm?
Answer: We are 100% compliant with all TCPA and FCC text marketing regulations, replying “Y” to confirm is called a “double opt-in feature” and prevents spam from getting in to text marketing.
Question 26: Will my subscribers ever be charged to receive my messages?
Answer: They will not be charged unless they do not have any texting capabilities on their cell phone plan. We’ve found that the vast majority of cell phone plans come with some kind of texting allowance on them.
Question 27: Can we put links or pictures in text messages?
Answer: We are able to put links into text messages directing your subscribers to your website, Facebook page, etc. We are not able to put pictures or videos in though because they will convert the text to a multi-media message, a lot of cell phone users will either not receive those or will be charged by their provider for receiving them.
Question 28: Can I upload a database of phone numbers?
Answer: We are not able to upload a database of phone numbers because we are completely compliant with all TCPA and FCC text marketing regulations. Our program is an opt-in program which is why it’s so effective; you want the luxury of target marketing to people who want to hear from you.